The Principal statistician, Data Sciences will:
- Execute the strategy of De-identification Analytics
- Lead a team and serve as a technical leader of the project team in the field of Privacy and De-identification Analytics, with specific expertise in the following areas: statistics, de-identification, risk assessment, and the structure and content of clinical data sets.
- Categorize identifiers and quasi-identifiers, as well as develop the methods to accurately assess re-identification risk and alter data elements to reduce that risk.
- Work in collaboration with business team and/or Business Relationship Manager to understand business demands and identify opportunities.
- Lead and participate in development of software tools, applications, and analyses to support need to ensure patient privacy while maintaining utility.
Additional decision making responsibilities:
- Address complex problems with broad implications for research data, balancing the often-competing needs of privacy and utility.
- Ensure solutions are consistent with business objectives or business strategy.
- Make decisions regarding resource alignment/dedication and prioritization (people resources, dollars/funding, project criticality) and communicate rationale back to the business and project management.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process and long-term direction for the Privacy and De-identification team and aligns plans between stakeholders.