Cytel provides unrivaled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
As a leader in next generation, data-driven pharmaceutical services, Cytel is shaping the future of drug development. We deliver to the market innovative analytical software for statistical analysis and simulation, best-in-class data science analytics services and high-end impact consulting. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative and results-driven with a shared commitment to quality. With operations across North America, Europe, and India, Cytel hires passionate and talented people who share its mission of ensuring the clinical development of safe and effective medicines.
We are currently looking for a Principal Statistical Programmer to support initiatives to implement innovative analyses of safety in drug development for one of our customers.
How you will contribute:
- be a member of a team dedicated to developing new methods and tools for evaluating safety in drug development projects
- work in close collaboration with technically strong statisticians in order to implement new methods through SAS macros, R and other tools
- communicate with stakeholders, project teams etc. for development, piloting, execution of related tools
- be independent in understanding the context and principles of the methods to be implemented
- train and instruct users as appropriate
- support any other drug development related programming activities as appropriate
- being adaptable and flexible when priorities change
What you offer:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline; a strong understanding of statistical methods and concepts is highly desired for this role
- 8 or more years of programming working with clinical trial data in the Pharmaceutical & Biotech industry.
- Expertise with SAS as well as other tools, e.g. R, graphics tools, development tools (Python, VBA, etc.)
- Strong awareness of state-of-the-art standards and technical developments.
- A broad understanding of drug development principles, life cycles and regulatory requirements, in particular regarding the analysis of drug safety
- Familiarity with drug development life cycle and experience with the manipulation, analysis and reporting of clinical trials’ data.
- Experienced with ADaM and reporting standards
- Experience with ISS/E, PSUR/DSUR and other deliverables preferred.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills, proactive approach
- Excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively and successfully in a globally dispersed team environment with cross-cultural partners.
Meaningful Work, Collaborative Culture, Stimulating Challenges
- Our collaborative working environment encourages innovation and rewards results, and we are proud to have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry.
- In addition to a competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package, annual bonus incentive, promote work-life balance, and the opportunity to grow with us!
- Work with respected experts and thought leaders in the fields of biostatistics and statistical programming.