Do you want to make a huge impact in Industrial IoT at a fast growing, early stage company? FogHorn is an early stage startup driven by the passion to significantly disrupt and invent in the space of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). To handle information at IIoT scale requires the latest innovations from just about every area of computer science including artificial intelligence, neural networks, stream and batch data services, distributed computing, large-scale system design, security, user interface design, and more.
As a Principal Staff Engineer working with Java and the Cloud, you will play a crucial role in the design and development of the Foghorn Platform that uses containers with sophisticated data processing capabilities to move and execute applications in a heterogeneous environment, which includes cloud (public and private) and constrained devices/sensors at the edge (“Fog”).
- You are a strong hands-on technologist and are looking forward to design and develop the core components that would power our IoT software platform
- You like working in a startup environment and building new systems from scratch
- Hands on development of software modules to design and implement Foghorn’s Product vision
- Provide technology leadership and guidance to the engineering team
- Interact with external technology leaders and customers to explain Foghorn’s engineering architecture, concepts and design choices
- Prior experience with programming in C++, Java and contemporary programming languages
- Strong knowledge and experience of designing and building reliable/fault tolerant, high performance, large scale distributed systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with building a Platform SDK, developer toolkits is a plus
- Experience with Analytics and Machine Learning libraries, knowledge of Python, R, Matlab is desirable
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, CloudFoundry, Hadoop, Spark streaming