Microchip is seeking a Applications Engineer for Wireless Products to support embedded software development for Microchip's Bluetooth Audio applications.
- Determine hardware, software, and collateral needed to provide best in class audio solutions to OEM's
- Work closely with key strategic audio clients to understand system design requirements and translate to Product Development activities
- Provide design support including code examples, Application notes to key clients worldwide
- Create demos and collateral (i.e. training presentations) to supporttradeshows and customer enablement workshops
- Support customers directly to help integrate or customize Microchip software products into customer's application
- In conjunction with Software and Hardware Module development teams prepare technical documentation and tools needed to support new products
- Provide Applications Engineeringsupport for New Product Development teams across silicon and wireless modules
- BSEE or BSCS with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in embedded software and hardware design- 15+ years' experience is preferred.
- Must have strong skills in Embedded C / C++ languages.
- Experience with Audio applications is required.
- Experience with Bluetooth Audio applications preferred.
- Must have some circuit design experience and knowledge in hardware schematic design and layout.
- Must be able to read and interpret written specifications, and implement solutions from those specifications.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work with a worldwide team located across US and Asia
- About 15% travel is expected.