$100K — $150K *
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems are seeking Principal-Sr. Principal Software Engineers to join our Space Sector located in Huntsville, AL.
What You’ll get to Do
• Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
• Apply “systems thinking” to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
• Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
• Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
Qualifications - External
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Software Engineer or Sr Principal Software Engineer level
• Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors’ of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 9 years’ experience in lieu of a degree; 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD.
•Sr. Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors’ of Science STEM-related field (preferred); 13 years’ experience in lieu of a degree; 7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
• Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
• Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
• Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
• Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
• Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
• Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
• Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
• Sec+ Certification
Valid through: 4/19/2021