- Develop, grow and manage the team to deliver a scalable and high-quality platform that meets business requirements, conforms to our agreed-upon architectural roadmap and meets our delivery milestones, budget and SLAs.
- Set the engineering strategy, engineering roadmap, determine resourcing, drive innovation and deliver the iterative data service improvement needed to drive sales, customer success and informed marketing actions across Windows, Office and EMS.
- Develop an Agile practices framework, manage expectations, ensure that the engineering team (vendor and FTE) engages and delivers on Agile practices, SCRUM expectations and ceremonies.
- Solve highly unstructured business problems and Influence overall solution approach across the team and with stakeholders.
- Drive and manage engineering resources to ensure capacity is effectively allocated and sufficiently optimized across our service portfolio.
- Ensure compliance across the engineering team to conform to engineering standards, privacy policies and established processes.
- Ensure timely resolution of urgent operational, service that require engineering support.
- Implement a data quality framework to ensure high-quality information is provided to our users and stakeholders.
- Partner with our extended team of PMs, data scientists, technical analysts, operation professionals, architects and engineers to ensure transitions, delivery plans, engineering execution, risks and issues, reporting and support scenarios are well-understood and consistently managed across the portfolio.
- Coordinate & track engineering and service dependencies and risks across our application and services portfolio to meet delivery milestones, SLAs and effectively manage dependencies.
- Become a SME on multiple business processes and how related solutions are expressed in our services and technology.
- Proven track record of shipping and managing all aspects of software and cloud services development with hands-on technical experience.
- Experience in designing and delivering enterprise-grade, high transaction volume, Data Platform as a Services (dPaaS) and experience with Azure Data Lake, Azure Analysis Services, Azure SQL, Cosmos or an equivalent set of cloud capabilities.
- 10+ years of experience in building data platforms, data engineering and/or software engineering, including experienceworking withagile methodologies and cloud technologies.
- 3+ experience managing technical teams (consisting of both local and remote teams).
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn, share and collaborate to improve yourself, your directs and your teammates.
- Strong communication, negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong problem solving and algorithmic thinking capability.
- Strong cross-group collaboration and effective communication skills to drive issues to resolution with ability to communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Undergraduate degree in data engineering, computer science or related field of study for software development required.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- Understanding of field motions, product marketing, using data at the scale and complexity of Microsoft.
- A passion for driving and evangelizing the use of data to make informed decisions across Microsoft.