Principal level database administration position involving management of multiple SQL Server databases in a highly dynamic environment. Provide advanced technical expertise and mentoring to a team in support of operational and project activities related to T-Mobile's business systems. Provide advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams in support of T-Mobile's business objectives. Assist with definition of and implementation of computing and other operational processes and procedures.
Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Understand and apply advanced database administration, management and performance tuning techniques specific to SQL Server
- Proactively identify trends in SQL statements and provide recommendation for efficient use of resources
- Proactively identify resource requirements to ensure high availability of database systems
- Provide technical advice and expertise to less senior staff members
- Provide 24x7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members
- Provide advanced technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems with emphasis on root cause analysis
Ability to perform the following:
- Participate in design and application review sessions, assist with definition of computing standards and recommend policies related to those standards
- Research solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization
- Develop advanced shell scripts, SQL scripts in support of database operations
- Enforce Security policies and procedures on databases
- Write and maintain documentation describing changes and modifications to all systems and databases
- Perform exports, backups, restores, refreshes and data extracts as required
- Act as technical liaison in support for database related project activities
- Develop strong working knowledge of key applications and their interaction with the database(s)
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 4-5 years in Windows 2008/2012 or higher server environment
- Expert level knowledge as a database administrator working with SQL 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016 environments
- Experience in a large, 24x7 environment
- Experience with multi-terabyte databases
- Experience with SQL Always On and Active/Active, Peer to Peer Transactional Replication
- Experience with telephony billing systems and related applications a big plus
High degree of skill with database commands and monitoring utilities such as SQL Profiler, Spotlight, FOGLIGHT, SolarWinds, Red-Gate etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as backups, database recovery, security, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of debugging and performance tuning stored procedures, UDFs and triggers.
- Advanced installation and configuration experience
- Advanced knowledge of hardware, including clusters, RAID, multi-processor architecture, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of VBScript and advanced SSIS package / ETL design.
- Strong knowledge of high availability and Disaster Recovery architecture
- Solid experience with the Windows operating system and command set as well as competence with PowerShell scripting
- Thorough knowledge of physical and logical disk systems and their impact on database performance
- Experience with server and database clustering techniques and the performance impacts thereof
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Big Data, Cloud and NoSQL