Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal SQL Engineer to join our team in the Chantilly, VA area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining the Access databases, Microsoft SQL 2000, 2008, 2012, and later platforms in accordance with customer specifications and security guidelines
- Diagnosing and resolving the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above
- Writing implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting Change Requests
- Performing requirements analysis, design, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers and SQL database administrators
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Integration and design of SQL instances in virtualized and physical environments
- Knowledge and experience implementation fault tolerant database solutions
- Knowledge and experience designing database solutions for disaster recovery
- Knowledge and experience implementing DISA STiGs for databases
- Support for applications that rely on SQL database, including performance tuning and trouble-shooting
- Other tasks to include requirements specification, performance modeling, end-to-end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design
- Working on project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production IT environment.
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 7-9 years of related experience with 3-5 years of SQL Administration and SQL Design experience
- MCSA, MCSE or other equivalent SQL Server certification required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, including DNS, Group Policy, and PKI
- Required candidate must be 8570 IAT Level II compliant with the capability to become IAT level III within 6 months of hire date
- ITIL Foundation Certification highly desired
- Experience with MySQL desired
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizenship and an active TS clearance and adjudicated within last 6 years
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery
- Must be able to position self to maintain office supplies on variable height shelving.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to observe and detect employee deviations from established policy
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.