We are currently seeking a Splunk Application developer to join our Security Engineering team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your experience to improve Symantec's ability to detect and respond to cyber attacks. You will build and maintain systems, capabilities, tools, and analytics that improve threat hunting and other defensive activities.
- Develop and maintain expertise on the implementation of security technologies and their application to defensive activities with a focus on security information and event management (SIEM).
- Onboard and deliver log sources from a wide variety of sources across the Symantec ecosystem
- Design and build custom applications for use within the GSO SIEM platform.
- Deliver and maintain a suite of defensive security technologies across Symantec, Implementing patterns derived from the Security Architecture team and meeting the requirements of the Security Operations Center.
- Develop a deep understanding of Symantec current security product portfolio, customer facing requirements and forward-looking threat profile.
- Perform investigations, proof of concepts, test, build, and document cutting edge security technologies as required by the architecture and business needs.
- Own the creation of design artefacts that describe the technical aspects of the security solutions that are being built.
- Further the design and development of Symantec's Splunk and SIEM solution.
- Work with teams within Symantec's security organization, IT, and throughout the company to design, build, and deploy SIEM and related monitoring infrastructure.
- Assist with Splunk and SIEM administration and operations.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor on security technologies to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience in application development and the use of agile technologies like GIT and STASH.
- Experience building Splunk applications, dashboards, field extractions, regex and lookups.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions for security technologies with a focus on cyber defense and the use of security information and event management (SIEM), networking and virtualization technologies.
- Advanced SPL skills.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry requiring protection of sensitive information.
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in ambiguous situations.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop innovative risk mitigation solutions that address core issues.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their data, wherever it lives. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our success! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Symantec is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Generous total rewards package, designed to engage, motivate, and take care of our employees.
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Generous vacation time
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.