At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint’s newly formed Email Security Solutions team is on a mission to delight our customers and partners by helping them achieve their business goals. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will help shape the security of businesses of all sizes. The team will operate as a mini start-up with an entrepreneurial bend to build rapid prototypes and solutions around Proofpoint products.
We are a creative and data-driven team, focused on continuous learning about our customers’ needs and behaviors. We care deeply about customer experience, and cherish the insights we uncover through experimentation, analysis and prototyping.
As a Principal Solutions Engineer, you will combine software development, security, messaging and networking expertise with an aptitude for customer experience and use cases. You will work alongside solution product manager and other product development teams to design and build solutions in a fast, collaborative process. We will iterate quickly, operate on evidence and evolving as we learn from our experiments. You are biased towards action, pragmatism, and results - tangible outcomes that you can measure.
- You see things how they should be, not just how they are
- You are at your best when tackling new territory, because learning and recognizing patterns in unfamiliar technologies excites you
- You enjoy the satisfaction of completing a project, more than the thrill of initiating one
- You are passionately curious about understanding how systems work
- You understand that rapid product iteration through experimentation is the best way to determine what users want in software
What you bring to the team
- BS Degree in CS, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 12+ years of software development experience with in depth knowledge of developing reference architecture for solutions.
- Experience with rapid prototyping or product feature experimentation
- Experience with building enterprise SaaS applications
- A programming language polyglot comfortable with writing code anywhere in the stack
- Experience with RESTful APIs with secured endpoints
- Experience with a build, test, & deploy tool
- Experience with developing cloud-based security solutions
- Experience with developing web applications with Java, Python
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and concepts
- Solid C, C++ application development
- Experience with SQL and other relational databases
- Experience with a no-SQL database such as Cassandra, Mongo etc.
- Strong understanding of web development protocols (i.e. HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols along the way