What you are good at
As a Principal in the Asset Transfer technology group you will play a critical role in providing strategic and architectural guidance and influence the development and realization of a technology vision to modernize our legacy client interaction services. As a distributed architect you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborate with other technology architects in influencing the modernization strategy for our distributed web services and provide guidance on Micro UI, Micro Service and Orchestration services.
- Be a hands on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Provide strategic and architectural guidance and influence the development and realization of a technology vision to modernize our core functions in the Cashiering and Digital Utility domains
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the Cashiering targeted business outcomes.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards for our distributed services.
- Partake/co-lead in Technical governance and design review.
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within organization.
- Influence Test Driven and Behavior Driven development practices and Quality Engineering.
- Help train a team of aspiring, experienced and talented mainframe developers in the distributed space.
- Publish and present architecture to technology leaders and business executives.
- Provide strategic guidance and solution to the current critical cashiering processes to drive efficiency and reliability to meet targeted outcomes
What you have
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of solid experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management, building complex, resilient and highly scalable applications, or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- 5+ years of experience as an architect in building complex, resilient and highly scalable applications.
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct and timely feedback.
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility
- Ability to establish metrics to measure improvement
- Constantly increasing domain knowledge to aid in decision making
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with coding to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux / Windows data center environment. Experience in COBOL/Mainframe will be a plus.
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space
- Knowledge and experience with server side .NET and Java
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Aerospike, MongoDB are preferred)
- Knowledge of PaaS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.