IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
IDEMIA USA seeks a Principal Solutions Architect who can work with our sales staff, business development team, marketing group, and clients to shape, architect, design and deliver IT-centric solutions that meet our client's business modernization, customer service and efficiency objectives.
The Principal Solution Architect is a lead solution strategist, working with our sales staff as a Pre-Sales Engineer providing technical sales support expertise for sales pursuits representing technology practitioners for the corporation. Successful candidates will have a proven record of delivering Enterprise technology strategies, designs, and full lifecycle implementations in support of a business solution. The Architect maintains close working relationships with the Sales team and Business Development/Marketing teams and educates technologists, customer IT departments, customer leadership and business developers on the appropriate application of technology and solutions. The Architect is expected to actively participate in sales pursuits and in thoroughly understanding the customers’ environments in their focus areas.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Assist in developing business opportunities, including meeting with / interviewing clients, understanding the client's compelling events and business needs, interactively developing a solution with clients, responding to RFIs and RFPs, writing and presenting proposals, presenting end-user demos, and assisting with drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing statements of work.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to delivery high quality demos, both for generic product demonstrations as well as highly scripted RFP compliance demos.
- Act as lead author for majority of technical text for sole source and RFP responses. Coordinate with rest of the proposal team, on acquiring and editing text from other SMEs for inclusion in proposals.
- Actively participate and coordinate in the development, testing, logistics and execution of customized compliance demos as part of the RFP process.
- Consultative selling and leveraging business through superior delivery skills, good client relations, and subject matter expertise.
- Assemble relevant resources and appropriate materials to support sales pursuits including acting as a liaison between the Sales Team and the Engineering Leads. Shape client solutions as a Solutions Architect. Requires good analytic skills to probe and understand the client's situation, and then translate that knowledge into a solution specific to that client.
- Remain active and involved in the extension and expansion of accounts within area of expertise and identify new opportunities within accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors and educating Sales Team in additional revenue opportunities and through use of vendor products / services in the delivery of client solutions.
- Business: Demonstrate subject matter expertise in all business development activities including sales calls, client presentations, demonstrations and round tables.
- Business: Oversee and/or provide technology subject matter expertise for quoting and proposal activities including advising the sales team on deliverability of request, driving the identification of alternatives, formulating the solution, and supporting the development of the response.
- Relationship Management: Play a support role in influencing client expectations and ensuring client satisfaction in area of responsibility and beyond, and demonstrate sound negotiating skills.
- Leverage: Lead major proposal efforts, create strategies to win business in new markets, current accounts.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also perform similar work-related duties as assigned.
- Able to script and execute multi hour custom compliance demos
- Specific experience in the domain of digital identity.
- Experience in SOA, SAAS, Cloud and Enterprise Architecture desired
- Able to interact and present to clients at multiple levels, including corporate officers, vice presidents, directors, and business and technology management
- Master of architectures, technologies, and methodologies used to deliver solutions for modern IT infrastructures including cloud, virtualization, hosted and dedicated customer owned systems.
- Experience identifying client business needs, and translating them into solutions
- Understands business case development
- Experience with supporting Sales/RFP Efforts for government customers of at least 20 million value
- Able to Handle Sole source proposal for all customers without assistance
- Able to act as lead on RFP for all customers
- Able to write proposal responses on any topic and able to guide others in writing responses and act as a reviewer for the responses of others
- Able to act as a SME on either a technical topic of importance to the engineering as a whole or act as an Organization SME for one or more of our products
- Able to interact directly with customers in both written and verbal communication
- Able to take major role in technical negotiations with customers
- Ability to recognize technical challenges and lead a team to resolve technology issues
- One or more industry domain experience with mobile application development, health care, banking, fraud prevention, motor vehicle operations, or public safety required.
- Able to generalize past experiences across industries, technologies, and client situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong skill in developing compelling, winning proposals
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Desired experience in lead in execution of compliance demos
- Ability to provide strong leadership and support to sales teams
- Ability to be a high-impact player on multiple simultaneous engagements
- Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term priorities
- Hands-on development experience with the primary components of a solution a plus
- Bachelor Degree in a related discipline from an Accredited Institution required, Advanced Degree a plus
- 7-10 years of experience in architecting, developing and deploying IT solutions