$200K — $250K *
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing U.S. Defense Department business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to the Defense markets for cloud computing working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture. The ideal candidate will have experience working with industry best practices for security, standards and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions.
You are passionate about:
· Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures for our Defense Department customers.
· Our company credo: “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
· Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
Experience in the following key areas:
· Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
· Technical – Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
· Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
· Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
· Advisory/Consulting experience with Defense Department customers
· 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
· 7+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
· 5+ years of experience in pre-sales engineering or solutions architecture for technology/software sales
· 2+ years of experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Technical degree ; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with C-level executives, IT Management, and developers
· Intermediate knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
· Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
· Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
· Demonstrable knowledge of U.S. Defense and / or Intelligence Community programs.
· Demonstrable record of being detail-oriented with relatable past examples showing ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Demonstrable Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, both verbally and in writing
· Demonstrated thought leadership in cloud computing architecture and technology
Valid through: 11/15/2020