As a Principal Solution Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You will help customers evaluate their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Dynamics 365 is to help our customer digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
The Principal Solution Specialist is the most senior and accomplished sales leader with a proven track record of driving complex digital transformation in the global accounts aligned to the Transportation Industry that have the highest potential and strategic value.
The PSS leverages advanced business transformation skills honed at management consultancies and their extensive network of C-level customer and industry relationships to consistently exceed quota with multimillion dollar wins.
The PSS uses their leadership status in industry, professional groups, LinkedIn network, and extended team to create shared visions, influence key stakeholders and lead virtual teams to drive transformation.
- Discover, assess, evaluate, and challenge strategic customer objectives by translating them into digital transformation opportunities
- Create and drive demand for meaningful digital transformation opportunities in large global key accounts
- Address key change scenarios with quantifiable business value outcomes and justification
- Develop and lead account strategy in the sophisticated and complex business environments of large global accounts
- Develop, drive, manage and lead a discipled opportunity execution plan with a diverse pursuit team of experts, SMEs, pre-sales resources and partners geographically dispersed and virtual both internal and external to Microsoft including our Global Systems Integrator partners
- Create compelling business value outcome backed proposals, negotiate terms and contracts with successful close.
10+ years of experience:
- Digital transformation management consulting experience with leading international firms
- Developing demand for multimillion-dollar digital transformation opportunities in Fortune 1000 accounts
- Developing and leading account strategy and opportunity execution plans in complex business environments for Fortune 1000 targets
- Proposal preparation, negotiating terms and contracts for large multi-million-dollar digital transformation opportunities
- Senior level pursuit leadership varied experience in selling ERP/CRM business applications with a strong track record of new account development, territory building and quota performance
- Assessing strategic customer objectives, digital transformation opportunity discovery, key improvement scenarios, and ability to measure and present incremental and new economic value
- Leading, partnering and orchestrating with virtual teams of experts, SMEs composed of industry, engineering, solution, technical, licensing and legal team members
- Disciplined operator with demonstrated accuracy in forecasting business and maintaining CRM pipeline hygiene
- Certification and / or deep experience in business value selling
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
Deep understanding of:
- Business solutions, ERP & CRM and how they translate into business impact
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings – including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure.
- Competitors and related ecosystem
- Demonstrated success in large multi-million dollar transactions and multi-year engagements and competitor disruption and displacement
- Experience in the Transportation Industry
- Proven consultative business management consulting skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement.
- Proven solution envisioning skills
- Account planning and execution leadership skills
- Ability to sell C-Level and across both IT and business units as a trusted advisor
- Ability to sell both an application and deployment of a platform
- Strong time management skills – able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational agility, able to coordinate across multiple stakeholders: BGs, Engineering, Licensing, Legal, Field leadership to win
- Advanced abilities in uncovering and driving opportunities digital transformation
- Ability to position long term strategic solutions vs. the competition