As a Principal Solution Engineer at Travelport, you can thrive in the exciting world of Travel Tech. You will come on board at a truly exciting time, and as a member of the new Enterprise Corporate Systems (ECS) organization. You will play a pivotal and crucial part in the Technology division of Travelport which is responsible for all internal business systems. This includes systems supporting Travelport's Finance, HR, Corporate and Commercial customer domains.
This is a Director level and highly technical position to lead a small Solutions Engineering team with responsibility for establishing and maintaining the ECS technology roadmap. This team is responsible for the design of business system technical solutions across the entire ECS portfolio such that they meet the needs of our Business & Technology stakeholders and are aligned with the Architecture roadmaps, principles, policies and standards. Included in this portfolio but not limited to are CRM, Customer Data, Contract Management, Provisioning, Service Desk, Billing, Financial, Human Resources and Commercial Operational Automations.
Your role/position will involve…
- Establishes and owns the technical roadmaps for the overall ECS technology domain and ensures they are aligned to Travelport's overall Technology, Architectural and Business Strategies. This domain includes the corporate systems and applications supporting the Travelport Enterprise; Financial (Billing, ERP, etc.), Commercial (CRM, Contract Management, Provisioning, BPM, Service Desk, etc.), Corporate (PPM, Collaboration, etc.) and Human Resource Management.
- Proactively identifies improvement opportunities in ECS Technology domain and leads the continuous development of the ECS technology roadmaps.
- Provides leadership for strategic planning or complex problem solving for programs and projects including the creation, maintenance and governance of technical roadmaps and budget.
- Compares and contrasts alternative architectures and is able to provide evidence for a fact-based decision on the best direction for the engineering systems roadmap taking account of the corporate strategy & enterprise architectural roadmaps.
- Understands impact on adjacent systems and long-term impact of technical decisions and ensures all design and support resources are educated as necessary to ensure consistent delivery and performance.
- Able to provide clear focus and priorities to technical and/or business team resources (direct and matrixed) to achieve successful End to End deliveries that address both tactical and strategic company goals.
- Liaises and partner effectively within Business and Technical organizations at varying levels to analyze, evaluate and recommend technical options, vendor solutions, and resource requirements to identify successful solutions and systems outcomes.
- Translates high level business requirements into both tactical and strategic technical solutions across the entire ECS technology domain. Collaborates with all stakeholders to ensure technology solutions meet business, architectural, technical, quality, cost and timeline requirements. Builds business cases and drives them forward for approval.
- Define and oversee enforcement of standard and best practices within systems engineering that are focused on cost savings, high performance, high reliability, quality of user experience and architectural alignment of solutions.
- Provide management responsibility and leadership direction to a small team of solution engineers responsible for the overall ECS technology portfolio
- Coach the delivery teams in lean, agile and scaled agile thinking and behavior necessary to build high quality software at a sustainable velocity. Coaches engineering and support teams in balancing tactical needs with strategic, application of platform, application and/or global architectural standards.
You will provide these capabilities:
- Deep domain expertise across a broad range of applications/products and adjacent systems. The individual is expected to have a background which includes development (.net preferred), implementation/support of COTS products, systems integration and database development in the business systems domain.
- Innovative, dynamic, self-motivated professional, possessing high energy and able to inspire others to deliver high quality results in aggressive timelines and managing themselves and other effectively under stress
- Ability to challenge the status quo to identify technical solutions which improve functionality, performance, productivity, adherence to standards, TCO, etc.
- Ability to produce detailed functional & technical specifications as well as system designs.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with emerging technologies, industry trends, and drives technology best practices.
- Demonstrates financial awareness; able to review and correct estimates and budgets
- Demonstrates ability to make effective decisions despite incomplete information
- Capable of leading and motivating a team of direct reports. Recognizes talent development as integral to achieving road map deliverables and ensures knowledge of the team stays current.
- Demonstrated advanced written/verbal communications (including presentations), analytical, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills. Ability to work effectively and proactively across the organization, with internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
Your background and experience:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- 15+ years' experience designing, developing and deploying custom and commercial of the shelf applications solutions.
- Expert technical and/or functional skills and breadth of knowledge with programming, working with COTS products, database systems, integration of systems within the business systems domain.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to present to executive stakeholders both internal and external to Travelport
- Has held positions in multiple engineering areas during career, demonstrating well rounded command of numerous technology disciplines.
If this sounds like you, we'd love for you to get in touch.