Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated and deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, and powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Design, architect, and deliver solutions for Kabbage's core platform and partners in an environment of collaboration, excellence, and quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as a bridge between engineering, product and other stakeholders to drive a technical vision framed by business strategic goals.
- Work directly with vendors and partners to facilitate discovery, design, and scoping of complex solutions.
- Communicate the architectural vision effectively to engineers through coaching, group sessions, and clear and concise technical documentation and diagrams.
- Perform analysis of large systems and integrations to recommend updates, applying best practices and patterns.
- Rapidly prototype utilizing new technologies, frameworks, and practices and provide data-driven feedback and recommendations.
What we're looking for in you:
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to share findings with a large, non-technical audience.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Problem Solving: Provides practical solutions to problems.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
What you should have:
- Strong enterprise software experience with large mission-critical systems.
- Able to rapidly decompose large systems and assess technical viability, adherence to best practices, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing large microservice API ecosystems involving multiple teams, products, and systems.
- Track record of working with relational and non-relational databases, streaming, and data processing frameworks (Kafka, Spark, etc).
- Experience with leading cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Involvement with the entire development pipeline including build, deploy, and DevOps strategies (CI/CD).
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, written and through diagrams to a wider audience.