Cox Automotive is looking for a Principal Solution Architect for a position in Overland Park, KS. The Enterprise SolutionArchitecture (ESA) team combines deep automotive industry insights, a world-classarchitecture practice, and vision across the breadth of the Cox Automotive business to provide solutioning leadership for CAI’s most complex andstrategic initiatives. The teamapplies a consultative mindset to its work and must closely partner with Engineering, Product, the Business, andother enterprise and solution architects covering specific businessportfolios.Focus areas for the ESA team include solutionarchitecture for large programs that cross or lie outside ofportfolio zones or lines of business, long-rangearchitecture roadmaps, and special projects including M&A or partner due diligence, strategic product vendor selections, and emerging/disruptive platforms andtechnologies.The Principle Solution Architect isresponsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet functional requirements in support of a given initiative. The Solution Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architects solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emergingtechnologies, and assists in software and service procurements.Reporting to the AVP of Enterprise SolutionArchitecture, the Principle Solution architect is a part of the broader CAI-widearchitecture practice, and participates in developing software-aligned products, platforms and patterns that can be used across Cox Automotive.The Principle Solution Architect will play a strategic leadership role in guiding engineering teams toward next-generationarchitectureand engineering capabilities, including but not limited to:
- Building Cloud Native applications leveraging AWS services
- Applying a Services or API First approach to building applications
- Using event-based or messaging-based architectures
- Delivering multi-tenant applications
- Implementing proof of concepts, frameworks or libraries
- Removing technical obstacles and barriers to successful delivery
- Contributes to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology, technology solutions and methodologies.
- Exercises solution design leadership on initiatives, driving alignment to target architecture and design standards.
- Facilitates architecture reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
- Creates solution options and solution architecture, adhering to architectural standards and the technology roadmap, and minimizing technical debt.
- Designs solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration, possibly across BUs or domains.
- Drives alignment between Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture and business needs.
- Participates in application rationalization and the development of application architecture roadmaps.
- Identifies applications and platforms impacted by the solution, the need for new platforms, and drives platform selection.
- Contributes to backlog of development team.
- Facilitates large groups of diverse stakeholders to obtain consensus on target solution.
- Provides guidance and oversight, ensures the viability of proposed solutions and provides direction on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project.
- Communicates solution architecture to stakeholders and other technologists.
- Performs due diligence during potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs.
- Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.
- Involved in vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle.
- 10+ years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 5+ years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Experience with cloud-native architectures or compatible architecture patterns
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructurearchitecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines.
- Exemplary consulting skills and a track record of applying these skills as a practicing architect. Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Exemplary relationship skills and with a track record of being a trusted advisor.
- Great time management and a passion for delivering on commitments.
- Understanding and past experience in development and project management processes and methodologies including common roles, responsibilities, and key deliverables.
- Proven leadership, influence, and mentoring skills.
Technologies and Skills
- Ideal candidates must be comfortable working with diverse architectures in a polyglot delivery environment, including most of the following:
- Cloud-native architectures and patterns, favoring AWS PaaS capabilities over team-operated services
- Delivering API programs providing services to both internal and external clients
- Leveraging domain driven design principles to support legacy re-platforming efforts
- Designing message-based interaction models to support distributed data across the enterprise
- Structuring applications to enable continuous or zero-downtime deployments
- Large RDBMS (Oracle and/or SQL Server) for OLTP
- NoSQL technologies, including document databases and search engines
- Data warehousing and reporting technologies
- Event stream processing
- Open security standards (OAuth and OpenID Connect)
- Knowledge of the Automotive industry and platforms relating to one or more of dealership operations, wholesale, logistics, finance, advertising platforms, etc.
- Consulting experience