Principal Software Tester (Automation Test Engineer)
Halfaker and Associates, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Software Engineering and IT Infrastructure to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2017 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Principal Software Tester (Automation Test Engineer) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for driving all aspects of automated testing, while collaborating with other automation engineers on the testing team, throughout the project to ensure timely completion of assignments, including smoke tests, data creation scripts, and regression test suite
- Execution of an overall test automation strategy for the project, with a focus on the development of a sustainable and maintainable automation framework
- Work closely with the Test Lead to develop, execute and manage test automation plans and schedules for each test phase/cycle, including conversion testing, functional testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing
- Responsible for providing key metrics and status updates to the Test Lead throughout the project
- Create and maintain documents and deliverables associated with automated testing
- Develop and maintain project specific testing automation processes, procedures, and metrics
- Participate in the full software lifecycle
- Play a key role a creating an automated testing and quality assurance process
- Work with small teams in a fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies
- Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders to provide ongoing testing support.
- Maintains high ethical standard in dealing with sensitive data
- Extensive experience with a variety of automation approaches and tools, including Selenium
- Write and executed test cases
- Prior experience with Selenium and/or Cucumber is essential
- Must have a solid understanding or experience with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with testing ETL process.
- Strong understanding of relational databases with experience using SQL query techniques.
- Knowledge of data warehouses/data stores and data marts
- Experience developing a test plan and executing test scenarios related to building and deploying reports
- Effective communication skills for interaction with staff, peers and customers
- Proficiency in creating scopes of work with detailed work plans in accordance to SDLC techniques and Agile / Scrum Methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent (4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- 8 years of relevant experience in software testing and quality assurance performance
- A minimum of 5 years of testing experience as a test automation engineer on large software implementation projects (should include completion of 2 full implementation projects)
- 5+ years utilizing automated software testing tools:Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, or Specflow
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Healthcare claims, policy and provider experience
- Experience in consulting to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)