The Principal Software Engineer in Test is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting solutions to testing problems as they relate to project requirements, non-functional testing, UI/UX automation, services, performance testing etc. They work with developers to assist in creating test scripts and teach them how to think like a tester while they are developing their test plans and strategies. They are a testing expert defining and innovative test strategies, technologies and automation approaches to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of testing at Influitive.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve and enhance existing Influitive testing framework architectures to improve test robustness and effectiveness
- Perform analysis of the testing processes, frameworks and tools and provide recommendations for improvements based on best practices, industry standards and business needs
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Assist the development team with building and maintaining the frameworks needed to expand test automation scope and improve our CI delivery pipeline
- Lead maintenance and support of CICD pipelines and ensure the seamless integration of testing assets into pipelines
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to enhance the overall product quality.
- Work with developers as a test strategist, helping uplevel them in the craft of being a great tester.
- Develop application guidelines and standards for Influitive as pertaining to test automation tooling
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement of applications and systems (e.g. emerging testing frameworks, CICD, cloud native architectures)
- Lead by example, demonstrating software craftsmanship and best practices
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in various areas of software development, testing framework design and architecture
- Solid experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system/solution.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Ruby on Rails and React applications, as well as their test automation needs
- Solid experience in test automation framework using RSpec, Selenium WebDriver, or Cypress
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Excellent on critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Expert in exploratory testing by fully understanding your designated features or areas.
- Experience building up test framework or infrastructure.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support, Product, and Customer Escalations.
- Possess excellent hands on experience with manual testing & defect management
- Have experience working with Git, Github, Gitlab or similar source control solutions
- You have a passion for improving products and you have amazing influential skills.
- You can translate technical requirements and quickly action on well-constructed test plans
- Well versed in development lifecycle and object oriented design methodologies
- Strong development background