Microsoft's cloud and devices businesses are growing exponentially, and the Supply Chain Engineering team is responsible for building the services and infrastructure underlying this growth. Business Platform and Supply Chain engineering team key responsibilities include demand forecasting, capacity planning, supply chain management, manufacturing and logistics planning and execution, and of course customer care services. To efficiently manage this scope at scale, analytics based on high quality, timely data flowing across business processes is essential. The Supply Chain engineering team is in the midst of a transformation that will enable the business to efficiently scale to meet these needs. Ultimately, we envision a future where systems can anticipate issues and see opportunities, recommend and take actions, and where humans review and oversee this work.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineering Manager to manage SAP Supply Chain – Plan engineering team, team play a critical role in enabling our business to scale through a digital & cost-effective supply chain strategy leveraging the industry leading solutions. You will partner with product management and teams across the company to lead the innovation and evolution of the solutions and services. We are looking for a proven leader who are passionate about engineering and bring their strength on supply chain domain and be part of the digital transformation journey.
Role encompasses both the aspects of delivery and people management. This position is responsible for providing overall leadership to the SAP supply chain plan engineering team, setting direction for the team, ensuring all commitments are met and developing strong partnerships with other groups, globally. This person will lead a team comprising highly skilled SAP functional individual contributors from Software Engineering discipline. The role includes building alliances with Business Operations team along with the PM counterpart. Ideal candidates will have a strong balance of technical & people skills, a proven history of working well across large scale, globally dispersed groups. The position is responsible for driving design decision, ensuing the development of high-quality solutions with an emphasis on quality, simplicity and maintainability while ensuring sound instrumentation and telemetry into the solutions to measure availability and operational intelligence metrics.
- People Management:
- Lead & manage high performing team of SAP functional software engineers.
- Provide leadership to team, including development of goals, objectives and performance success criteria.
- Manage High and low performers.
- Aligns team's commitments with organizational strategic directions
- Lead engineering of solution design of our integrated business planning processes (specifically SAP IBP S&OP, IBP Demand Planning, IBP Inventory, IBP Response and Supply, CPI-DS, SDI) ensuring they are always positioned to drive high-quality, reliable, systems enablement.
- Champion modern engineering practices (Agile, Live Site, Telemetry, backlog grooming, etc.) and help evolve customer experience and value
- Execute flawlessly – Big Bet project releases, Product Launches and other moments of truth
- Drive service improvements through focus on automation and technical debt reduction
- Partner with peers on system performance, capacity management and scalability to ensure sustained service stability, SLAs and Business KPIs
- Own SOX and Security Compliance for all relevant services
- Partner with Solution Owners, Business stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture, SWE, SE in analyzing requirements, analyzing impacts, proposing designs, fleshing these out to detailed designs, and finally driving the designs to completion through feature Team.
- Engage with business process units and work closely with upstream and downstream application owners to effectively build a 'trusted advisor' relationship with these teams through consistent on-time, on-budget delivery
- Build cross-team coordination and a community with other engineers relating to challenges & opportunities in the areas of app to app and business to business integrations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 15+ years of relevant enterprise software design and SAP configuration experience with focus on IBP/APO modules such as S&OP, Demand and Response & Supply, Business Network Collaboration (IBP/Ariba), Cloud Platform Integration (CPI-DS), and Smart Data Integration (SDI) in like business environments and SD/MM experience.
- Deep expertise on supply chain planning domain around demand and supply planning
- Ability to engage with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Microsoft to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape and roadmaps.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with other leaders who are responsible for overall technical platform design and management.
- Prior experience in designing, developing and operating SAP Solutions within large scale, matrix environments.
- Prior experience with SAP HANA solutions, including S/4 Hana a plus.