On the Desktop Outlook team, we are making broad investments in the platform to win the cloud. From enhancing the most-used Office product, Outlook, transforming it into the best service-based client experience available to creating all new experiences to delight customers, we will be the engine that powers how humans interact with each other. We will drive all of our enhancements by understanding our customers in a way that we have never done before. By doubling-down on signals, monitoring, and telemetry, we will enable a much faster ship cadence than has ever been possible in such a high-volume product. As such, good collaboration skills and experience designing infrastructure is strongly preferred.
- Manage a team of 20 engineers, heavily leveraging project leads
- Own the technical roadmap for the aforementioned areas.
- Lead planning efforts to discover where investments need to be made and to understand the customer
- Brainstorm solutions
- Investigate possible design directions and new technologies
- Write a document detailing the above
- Track implementation and validation of the solution(s)
- Monitor telemetry to continue to validate the feature in production
- Help diagnose service health and outages
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- A thorough understanding of Win32 and User Experience fundamentals
- Demonstrated success building products that were loved by customers
- Outstanding cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Ability to deliver noteworthy results in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Deep passion for customers, design thinking, and technology
- Cross-team and cross-org negotiation skills
This position requires the following skills and experiences:
- Track record and strong results driving large org-wide deliverables
- Experience owning and developing features end-to-end
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the high-tech industry
- 2+ years experience managing people and leading teams
- Professional experience writing object-oriented code in native-code C++.
- Expert debugging skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent