Would you like to help develop a new standard for accessing personal movie libraries? Do you value passion, community involvement and writing code that stands out?
As a Principal Software Engineer, you’d use proprietary technologies to design and develop web-tailored solutions to help our customers enjoy their movie libraries anytime, anywhere. Join us at Walt Disney Studios’ Movies Anywhere.
Our team of multi-disciplined engineers create next-generation entertainment access platforms. We believe in “pair programming,” which means every day, you will be part of a different “team of 2” that uses close collaboration to solve problems and develop high-quality code. We believe that by valuing quality over speed of execution, we foster a culture of innovation, teamwork and creativity.
This position currently reports to the Manager of Software Engineering
You would become part of a small, collaborative team of technology experts to create next- generation video consumption platforms. We are looking for an experienced, self-starter engineer who is in search of new challenges.
Every single day as aPrincipalEngineer at Movies Anywhere is different. On any one day you might:
- “Pair-program” with an internal engineer or an engineer at a name-brand partner;
- Analyze requirements and take the lead in driving technical solutions, balancing short-term delivery and long-term functional/technical goals;
- Walk a retail partner through the Movies Anywhere API
- Collaborate with other engineers and multi-functional teams;
- Evangelize technologies, solutions and standard methodologies;
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of professionals;
- Conduct research and analysis on software engineering trends in entertainment;
- Consult with outside entities on integration points;
- Listen, mentor, build consensus and communicate trade-offs and technical decisions;
- Play softball or basketball with the team, attend a movie screening or visit a Disney theme park.
- 12+ years of software engineering experience;
- A passion for coding and are solutions-orientated;
- The latest information from the JVM-based server community;
- Open Source community connections;
- A Github profile or ability to demonstrate coding skills;
- Object-oriented (OO) design and knowledge of different system layers and capacity;
- The capability to use data structures and algorithms to solve problems;
- Familiarity with CS fundamentals to make good decisions;
- Mastery of Java, Spring and REST APIs; and
- Demonstrated ability with Unit tests, Load testing for APIs, Git, Maven or Gradle, ORM (e.g. (JPA, Hibernate) and Docker.
- Spring Boot and Queuing technology;
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies; and
- Postgres, RDS or Oracle DB technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.