Getting a vast variety of massive data ready for analysis is never easy and Splunk is seeking someone excellent to join our Platform Team to partner with and develop applications and systems to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scalable and reliable way.
We are looking for an outstanding Principal level UI engineer with a consistent track record of delivering customer centric user experiences consistently in the high growth and high scale environment. As a member of Splunk's Platform Experience team, you will be playing a hands-on individual contributor role in the data intelligence, consumption and visualization area. You'll partner together with an Architect to help establish design and architectural direction, contribute to the design and help carry out hands-on implementation of interfaces and sophisticated elements of the new systems and features.
You'll work across teams and organizations to ensure that the architecture and design are of high quality, stability, scalability, reliability, and resiliency.What You'll Do
- Opportunity to help shape the technical roadmap to develop the next generation SaaS user experience features on our Splunk Cloud Data platform
- Work with product managers early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in a flexible, extensible, and robust way.
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- You have 12+ years of software development, and 8+ years of technical leadership experience, including development experience with large-scale SaaS Web Application and full-stack systems
- You are comfortable with at least one backend programming language C++, Go, Python
- You have expertise with developing and working with thoughtfully designed REST APIs
- Have in-depth understanding of application performance and scalability
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks and integration process workflows (e.g. Gitlab, SVN, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo, Codeship)
- Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship
Should have experience in these areas
- Experience with one of the major Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Good understanding of NoSQL approaches to data storage
- Prior experience with Splunk or a similar analytics solution
- Experience in the visualization of large, sophisticated graph structures
- Experience working on open-source projects
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience; or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. with 5 years experience; or equivalent practical experience