As a Principal Software Engineer in the Sales Performance DevOps team, you will join a team building our cloud platform, which aims to provide seamless and feature-rich deployment experiences, powerful infrastructure features and full automation across multiple hyperscalers. You will be working with cutting edge technologies and tools, like Kubernetes, Istio or Bazel, and have the chance to contribute to open-source projects.
- Manage designs of major software components, systems and features.
- Build our platforms and systems that enable the smooth deployment and operation of our products.
- Take ownership of running, maintaining and extending tools and programs we use.
- Quickly acquire in-depth understanding of new technologies, open-source codebases and tools.
- Mentor and train other team members on coding standards, system design and new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree on equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience, or 8 years with an advanced degree.
- Strong software development experience in creating backend or embedded programs.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Experience with Linux and networking.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies, including architecting or developing large scale distributed systems, concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 12 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with cloud networking, build and deployment pipelines or infrastructure security
- Experience building highly scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with Scala or Go
- Technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction