Are you interested in being part of a team building new and innovative products to enable to the Splunk developer ecosystem? Splunk is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the developer platform team and have a large impact in growing the Splunk application ecosystem.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion to search, building exciting experiences which will directly impact our development community.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong technical leader with proven track record of excellence with a strong bias towards execution. 10+ years of experience and a MS in Computer Science preferred.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you’ll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You’ll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Ability to work with multiple teams across various locations and functions (engineering, product management, etc.).
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction and champion engineering best practices.
- Strong customer focus and passion for building intuitive products that will delight our engineering community.
- Experience in building developer tools and growing developer ecosystem is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud is preferred. You have experience writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to Cloud Services like AWS and Azure.