United States of AmericaLocation:
HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Software Architect position to support airborne platforms and ground based systems across multiple programs. This opportunity requires an individual who can perform a number of key software lifecycle development activities, including the design, development and the integration testing of mission systems software. The candidate should be self-motivated and willing to work in a fast paced environment as part of a dynamic and growing software development team. Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with common software engineering tools and practices.
- Collaborates with the engineering team in the development and initiation of new software designs and architectures
- Collaborates with cross functional project teams to ensure all software designs match the vision and requirements of all disciplines: hardware, software, mechanical, systems and human factors among others
- Reviews and is a key contributor for design and code inspections
- Develops architecture and design alternatives, including participating in cross-departmental projects
- Drives research on emerging software development products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Researches, documents, and implements program requirements and specifications
- Writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specification as needed
- Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of development best practices
- Gathers statistics, prepare, and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and / or team members
- Determines, develops, and maintains guidelines and coding standard documentation
- Interacts regularly with managers, vendors, and customers to field queries and questions
- Recommends software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company products
- Trains and provides guidance to junior software development staff
- Provides technical support to team members
- Escalates encountered technical software issues to project leadership in a timely fashion
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for moderate complexity software designs.
- Create documents such as design documents, proposals, design notes and trade studies
- Provide input for software estimates to support project bids
- Individual job duties may vary
- Some Domestic Travel may be required
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Real time embedded design and programming experience
- C/C++ design and programming experience
- Experience with Model-Based systems and software engineering
- Proficient in object-oriented design principles and software design patterns
- Proficient in software architecture level design patterns and concepts
- Proficient in an industry standard UML modeling tool such as Enterprise Architect
- Proven ability to create standard UML diagrams such as sequence diagrams, deployment diagrams, state diagrams, activity diagrams, component diagrams, network diagram and class diagrams
- Knowledge of communications protocols and their features and drawbacks
- Knowledge of distributed networked systems
- Understanding of low-level software/hardware interface concepts and issues
- Proven ability to create documents such as requirements specifications, software architecture designs, high & low level software designs, test plans, design notes, design checkpoint presentations and trade studies
- Requirements capture, decomposition, and traceability
- Ability to understand, create, modify and document the software as a 'big picture' concept
- Experience leading a team in the definition of high-level design and low level designs.
- Familiar with software engineering processes and methodologies and experienced in the full software development lifecycle
- Experience with iterative development methodologies such as spiral and Agile
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline, Computer Science
- Development on Keil, GreenHills INTEGRITY, LynxOS, or similar RTOS
- Be able to coordinate developmental efforts and guarantee integrity of design
- Demonstrate expertise in software design, including diverse methods and approaches such as OOD, aspect-oriented, event-driven, domain-driven, etc.
- Java design and programming experience
- Familiar with configuration management practices
- Review design proposals and assess trade-offs among them.
- Demonstrated commitment to software quality including software peer reviews
- Familiarity with military applications and/or experience of working government programs
- Experience with industry standard software development tools (such as Subversion, Enterprise Architect, GDB, or equivalents)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, Visio, DOORS, JIRA, Eclipse, MS Project
Candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to learn quickly as part of a growing team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Disciplined approach to developing high quality software
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success
. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms