As a Principal Software Engineer on the Voice Chat team, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our software stack at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the largest social platform for play and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions to a global audience. You will be responsible for the implementation and integration of key technical components powering a 3D chat experience for an audience quickly approaching 2 Million concurrent players. Working alongside product and design, you will pilot groundbreaking social interaction mechanisms for the virtual generation. You will have the opportunity to have a huge impact within a small multi-disciplinary engineering team with aggressive growth targets.
- Experienced: you have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or a related engineering field and at least 8 years of hands-on experience. Prior experience with social network is strongly preferred.
- Interested in powering social networks: you are excited about building infrastructure to support chat and social networking features at scale by handling tens of millions of requests per second
- A solid programmer: you are skilled in at least one compiled language, like C#, Java, C++, etc.
- Well rounded software engineer: you have working experience dealing with relational databases, distributed systems, software design patterns and large-scale applications
- Adaptable: you tackle new challenges head-on, understanding and solving problems using emerging technologies
- Up-to-speed on all things Cloud: it is an added bonus if you have working experience with public cloud solutions such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking chat solutions that provide an awesome experience for our community around the world while satisfying the large scale and real-time requirements of the Imagination Platform
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability
- Support our various chat related frameworks in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues