Splunk Enterprise Security is an advanced SIEM built atop Splunk’s data platform with lots of moving parts. We help thousands of clients as they protect their assets from cyberthreats, all over the world. On any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk's Enterprise Security team might be a great fit for you.
As a senior member of the team, you will help define the future of our software by designing, creating, testing and maintaining products that directly support security analysts all across the world. You will directly influence the direction of our technology as well as mentor other members of your team.
Working directly with customers is one of our core values. In this role, you'll be able to meet customers as they share their experiences, get a first person view of state of the art Security Operations Centers, and collaborate with product management to define and craft new products that streamline analysts' investigations.
If staying technically challenged and learning from others is meaningful to you, you'll love our internal technical seminars and regular, company-wide hackathons. Along the way, you will become proficient in Splunk's Search Processing Language (SPL) which will empower you to explore large data sets and to solve endless types of problems.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real world deployment scenarios to develop an understanding of which solutions will bring value to our customers.
- Take lead on projects with little to no additional direction from engineering/product leadership, drive and help track them to completion
- Partner with other leaders from architecture, eng management, and product management on project requirements, designs, and development plans in order to later breakdown product requirements with the rest of the development team.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve the team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Collaborate with members of our team to design and create full stack solutions including back end and front end code.
- Keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create.
- Become well versed in Splunk's core technologies as they apply to application development
- Mentor junior engineers as they develop their application development skills
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent; MSPreferred
- 10+ years of software engineering experience focused on application development
- Demonstrated ability to learnnew technologies quickly in order to apply them in solving a variety of technical challenges
- Proficiency with Python, Perl, Ruby or similar scriptinglanguage
- Experience collaborating with design and engineering teams to plan, develop and release software
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working on high performance software that processes massive amounts of data in real-time
- Comfortable developing software on Linux, Unix, and Windows systems
- Familiarity with information security is a plus
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.