The Principal Software Engineer is a valuable team member delivering the companies Digital, Omni and Loyalty solutions. The development team plays a key role in building technology that enables a true Omni Channel experience across the digital platforms into the physical store, and executing digital transformation strategies by leveraging core retail technology infused with digital innovation.
- Accountable for delivering and supporting the companies Omnichannel, Customer Engagement, Communication Channels & Loyalty digital platform.
- Active participation in the agile planning and delivery process of solution design, technology estimates and risk mitigation during the sprint planning process.
- Key deliverables will include leveraging cloud technologies such as AWS tools to integrate ‘cloud to cloud’ and on premise technologies.
- Daily activities will involve working with third party vendors to help design and troubleshoot technology development.
- Operating under a Dev Ops model it is expected to be proficient at unit and system testing of your deliverables.
- Key responsibilities will include the design of best practices to support ITIL with the use of change control, documentation, monitoring, and version control.
- Working alongside of the Solution Architect ensuring that we are building solutions that meet the business needs and deliver value to the company.
- Demonstrate the value of working as part of a team seeking out cross department partnerships.
- Guide and mentor junior developers.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions.
- Work with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the complex systems in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
- Develop the guidelines and processes for documentation, knowledge transfer, and support ownership to ensure sustainable application support.
- Experienced in Agile project methodology.
- Proficient in SQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, or similar)
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Java, C#, Ruby/Rails, PHP)
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization/time management skills, experience in Development Operations (DevOps) in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Firm understanding of System-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience with cloud platform services, RESTful or serverless Lambda Application development using AWS.
- Experience in architecting & developing highly available and scalable solutions for high volume customer facing retail industry domain.
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, IoT, mobile, social and big data.
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements.
Education: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or relevant field.
Experience: Minimum 10 years experience as a developer
Other: 10% Travel may be required
Physical: Requires standing and other physical movements on a frequent basis.