First, let’s talk Tech.
Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. At this most senior, Principal level, you’ll expect you to have experience in at least a few of them.
- The team is primarily .net and Angular so at least some experience in those is preferred.
- We also deal in a few different database and messaging frameworks such as MSSQL, Elasticsearch, Cosmos Db, Kafka, Rabbit MQ and Neo4j.
As a Principal Software Engineer at DICK’S you will:
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Bring at least 7 to 10 years of experience to the table
- Strong experience in Cloud Native and Micro Service design
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Consistently look for opportunities to develop our Software Developers, sharing your expertise and lessons
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience
We believe that there is always a better way.
So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Engineers at this level are able to deliver complex tasks to production, working independently when required.
- They use best practices in high quality code, and continue to push and share their knowledge.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and potentially other domain areas
- Able to advocate and evangelize specific technologies within and outside the wider organization
- Able to support and mentor seasoned technologists in a structured manner and ad-hoc