This position is for a PrincipalSoftware Engineer on the Strategic Data and Analytics team. Primaryresponsibilities will be to lead the development on Oracle PL/SQL andInformatica and help with data migration from mainframe to distributedplatforms as part of Cloud core program.
This role is full timelocated in Smithfield, RI.
As a key member of theteam you will help be the bridge between data modelers, architecture, anddevelopment to help design, develop and implement data-centric programs thatmake valuable contributions to Workplace Solutions’ plans sponsors andparticipants.
The Expertise YouHave
- 7-10 years’ experience in Oracle PL/SQL
- Proven experience as a technical lead
- Poses solid experience in Oracle Database Programming using PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle Tuning & Optimization and assist in database design
- Working knowledge of Informatica PowerCenter Clients –various types of transformations, defining functions etc.
- Deep understanding of RDBMS and normalization techniques
- Experience in building Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers views, Cursors, PL/SQL Collections and optimizing query performance and other database objects using SQL, PL/SQL
- Tuning of SQL queries to improve performance of a system. Identify root causes and resolve problems related to system functionality. Experience in numerous Oracle implementations through full infrastructure and performance optimizations including I/O optimization, Backup and Recovery Planning, Testing and Implementation
- Enforcing data integrity using integrity constraints and database triggers
- Extensively worked on triggers for implementing complex data integrity checks and for auditing tables
- Experience in XML database functions to generate data in XML
- Strong knowledge of Data Extraction, Data Mapping, Data Conversion and Data Loading process using UNIX shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL and SQL Loader
- Familiar with Stash & JIRA
The Skills YouBring
- Hands on and proven experience of working in distributed platforms
- Your ability to direct and govern the work of a geographically diverse technical staff
- As a technical lead, you should have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively with stakeholders, technical team, and other technical contributors across the organization
- You have strong knowledge in Agile development
- You will need excellent attention to detail and ability to evaluate broad impacts of issues and changes
The Value YouDeliver
- Successful and on time delivery of technical assignments
- Facilitate technical & design discussions
- Mentoring and developing junior technical staff
- Oversee & review technical deliverables, ensuring they are as per standards, tuned & efficient code