11 - 15 years
Posted 23 days ago
This role provides technical oversight while writing new software, making modifications to existing software, or integrating software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, often created with their leadership.
• Provides technical mentorship and coaching to junior members of the technical staff.
• Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, and recommendations to business and technology leadership.
• Provides technical leadership, and may lead project planning sessions with team members to define and analyze development requirements, provide design option, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Ensures self and team develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
• Creates trust and credibility with stakeholders/user community and works with them to identify issues and risks that may impact the immediate organization.
• Creates an environment and workflow that ensures proactive identification of change to prevent problems, optimize processes, and balance risks and rewards.
• Ensures compliance requirements and other governance measures are met. Skills/Experience:
• Proficient and experienced in formal software development lifecycle, drives proactive decision-making.
• Adept at all aspects of technical communications, including using presentations technologies (e.g. WebEx, PowerPoint) and software demonstrations.
• Sound working knowledge of developing and implementing product development initiatives.
• Strong leadership skills, capable of leading a project team or demonstrating exceptional technical or domain specific leadership.
• Knowledge of waterfall and agile project management methodologies and understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Bachelor's degree level in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline or relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated ability with coding best practices, architectural principles, and to conduct code reviews.
• Experience with the organization, planning and maintenance of large-scale code bases.
• Experience of unit testing, code management tools and design tools.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good collaborative problem-solving capabilities.
• Working knowledge of business application and software code base.
• Has understanding of leadership techniques and practical experience implementing skills.
• Effectively presents information for discussion (technical, project status, and issues) across various diverse audiences, including higher levels within the business.
• Has knowledge of industry standards and ability to translate/apply research into the business needs.
Must have skills:
• 10+ years of experience with Java, Oracle, Linux, Tomcat.
• 10+ years of experience on Web-specific development
• Team lead experience
• Experience with Agile development and Microservices
• Experience building Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
• Knowledgeable with RESTful API use and development.
• Working experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
• Experience with Elastic Search a plus
• Python programming
• Docker • Kafka