At the heart of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) are Oracle Hardware and its Cloud Software stack.
- Would you like to make a difference working at the forefront of Cloud infrastructure?
- Do you like solving complex scale and performance problems?
- Are you interested in growing your knowledge of Cloud Security?
We are seeking a strong Principal Software Engineer who is able to help create the best and most secure System Software stack for the modern Cloud environment. Our team of highly capable Software Engineers spans 4 time zones and works in a DevOps model to deliver solutions that are core to Oracle's revenue growth.Join the Team
The Cloud System Development organization delivers the System Software stack that manages the Server Infrastructure in OCI.
We provide a suite of tools, utilities and connectors to manage, monitor and configure Oracle's Servers that are used in OCI. All of these systems contain Oracle Hardware Management Pack (HMP) and Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM), which provide in-band and out-of-band interfaces for these tasks.
Join our dynamic team as a Principal Software Engineer and work on exciting, enterprise-grade Cloud Management products with a focus on deployment in Oracle Cloud. Our unique team works on everything from user level applications and interfaces to low-level hardware interfaces and everything in between. We control the full software life-cycle from architecture to release. Help shape the Cloud Management offerings for Oracle's Cloud Servers while working with some of the most talented and experienced software developers in the industry.
Specifically, you will contribute your talents and skills towards the design & development of secure Cloud Management software using industry standard System, Storage and Network Management protocols that are the foundation of Oracle's Cloud offering.
Our product development environment includes C, Python, Linux and Embedded programming. We deliver a collection of tools that run cross-architecture (x86, ARM and SPARC) and cross Operating Systems (Linux and Solaris).
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills and will be expected to use these skills to communicate with a geographically diverse team across many technology consumers.Responsibilities
- Design and implement new HMP and ILOM products and features that are the foundation for OCI core services and Oracle's Enterprise Servers
- Analyze the architecture, design and implementation of existing products with a focus on improving scalability, performance, extensibility and security
- Interface with OCI and Oracle's customers to understand their needs and design and deliver novel solutions to address these needs
- Debug and fix issues that are found in the OCI fleet or reported by Enterprise customers
- Work closely with our Network and Storage vendors to drive new requirements to meet performance and security goals
- Participate in industry standards bodies to influence the direction of future standards in the fields of device management and monitoring
- BA/BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 8 or more years of professional experience designing, implementing, testing, releasing, and maintaining software applications and systems in C/C++
- Hands on abilities through product life-cycle: Architecture, Design, Implement, Support
- Operating System (LINUX and/or UNIX)
- Experience with low level System Programming, Embedded development, or Firmware development
- Experience with PCIe System Architecture
- Experience with Storage Management protocols (NVMe, SCSI, SAS, SATA, RAID etc.) and/or Experience with Network protocols (TCP/IP, NC-SI etc.)
- Experience with Storage and/or Network drivers
Other desired skills: Python, Scripts, XML, JSON, REST, etc.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.