$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
This role is available on the OCI Data Science service. We are addressing exciting challenges at the intersection of data science and cutting-edge infrastructure. We are building a cloud service for data scientists, machine learning engineers and software engineers to help them every step of the way in their machine learning development and deployment lifecycle. Our product vision includes interactive notebooks, distributed machine learning on CPU/GPU supporting wide variety of ML algorithms/libraries, distributed model serving and robust monitoring and analytics of ML models.
What You'll Do
· Build cloud service on top of the modern Infrastructure as Service (IaaS) building blocks at OCI
· Design and build distributed, scalable, fault tolerant software systems
· Participate in the entire software lifecycle – development, testing, CI and production operations
· Balance between product feature development and production operational concerns like writing runbooks, ops automation, structured logging, instrumentation for metrics and events
· Leverage plethora of internal tooling at OCI to develop, build, deploy and troubleshoot software
· Participate in on-call for the service with the team
· You have prior experience working on distributed systems
· 8+ years ideally proficient in Java. Proficiency in Go would be a bonus
· You are experienced at building highly available services, possessing knowledge of common service-oriented design patterns and service-to-service communication protocols
· You are familiar with components of modern infrastructure like service discovery, secret storage, software-defined networking, etc.
· You have experience with production operations and good practices for putting quality code in production and troubleshoot issues when they arise
· Preferably, production experience with Cloud technologies
· Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software by working effectively with the team and other stakeholders
· You feel at home communicating technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
· Data science and machine learning knowledge would be helpful but not required
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17