Casa Systems, Inc., is a leading provider of next-generation ultra-broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that delivers voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Principal Software Engineer to join our software team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA office which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Principal Software Engineer will impact the organization by applying their software design, development and debug experience focused on Network Element Management Software (NEMS) for all of Casa’s virtualized products (wireless, wireline and telco).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a senior member of a software engineering team, design, develop, and debug high performance, robust software for virtual network functions manager (VNFM) architectural framework for all of Casa’s virtualized products (wireless, wireline and telco).
- Monitor work against the product delivery schedule closely and provide progress updates and report issues or technical difficulties to manager on a regular basis.
- Responsible for work quality; ensuring work meets the technical standards for assigned Casa Systems product portfolio.
- Write concise, comprehensive technical documentation to support work designed and developed.
- Mentor and help other team members.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ to 10 years of related software development engineering experience in web services and related platforms.
- Proficient programming skills with JAVA (Spring framework), python, rest API.
- Networking, database and openstack or VMWare experience must be strong.
- Hands on applied experience in Virtualization, VNF Life Cycle Management and Orchestrator (MANO).
- Strong understanding of microservices design patterns.
- Knowledge and experience with Kubernetes and Docker (In-house training available.)
- Knowledge and experience with 4G/LTE and/or 5G a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with TR-069/Netconf is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with GoLang a plus. (In-house training available.)
- Knowledge and experience with front-end GUI (Angular JS framework) is a plus.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Able to communicate and work with cross-functional teams.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Problem solver – Able to be resourceful and “figure things out.”
- Self-confident – Able to express opinions and influence effectively.
- Professional demeanor.