Own and build a platform for highly scalable and reliable services central to VS Team Services (VSTS, visualstudioteamservices.com) and Microsoft’s 1ES (One Engineering System)!
Team Services provides software development teams with version control, build automation, project and bug management, social coding experiences and much more. We have a user base with nearly 5M users and growing. VSTS is led by Brian Harry and is at the center of both being the cloud solution for DevOps for large enterprises. It’s also at the core of modernize engineering at Microsoft as part of 1ES. To make this possible, we’re solving high scale, high reliability challenges.
We are looking for a principal engineer who seeks technical challenges as a leader on a strong, collaborative team to own and build Shared Platform Services: identity, account, commerce, licensing, and user engagement. As part of our team, you will help set strategic technical direction and lead by example through writing high-quality software. You will design, implement, deploy and operate Azure cloud services using containers, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, Azure Commerce, and more.
Our team moves quickly with three-week sprints where we deploy to production at the end of each sprint and smaller changes to production every day. We use VSTS to build and deploy VSTS, and all of our code is in a Git repo where the whole team works in master. We run our services with modern DevOps practices.
If you enjoy building software with a broad range of technologies and being part of a smart, agile team that’s making software development better, come join us!
We need someone who
• Has a strong service design and architecture background
• Enjoys writing high-quality software
• Is passionate about building secure, scalable services
• Loves live site and ensuring that customers have a great experience
• Wants to coach and develop other engineers
• Desires to be challenged and grow every day
• Track record of successfully building and running high scale services
• Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 10years of working with OOP languages and patterns.
• A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or in place of a degree, 4years of equivalent internship or industry software engineeringexperience.