The Data, Insights and Growth team in Office Fundamentals is at the forefront of transforming the way the world’s most heavily used software productivity experiences are delivered using data and customer feedback. Our Floodgate team is specifically changing the way that Office gathers (and responds to) all forms of user feedback: from ratings, to verbatim comments, to diagnostics and more. Our core, patented technology (Floodgate) enables Office to process dynamically delivered rulesets, keyed to application provided event signals, and configured to provide in-context and in-app experiences. In addition to collecting key metrics around customer satisfaction, this also drives extended diagnostics collection (from in-app trace sieving), and is expanding to include other server-driven experiences. This team also owns the core Feedback user experiences, in all the Office apps across all platforms, and works closely with the customer data platform to draws deeper insights from our aggregate customer data. We are a cross platform team with code shared between native C++ (Windows), Java (Android), Objective-C (macOS and iOS) platforms, as well as with standalone SDKs for the Web.
Challenges ahead include exciting work in the talk-back space allowing core Office developers to close the loop with real customers in the apps, continued expansion of our breadth (SDKs are being spread beyond Office and are poised to be a cross-company solution for feedback), web services work aimed at both enabling new identity-based experience governance across devices and sandboxed apps, and core work regarding extended diagnostics management, collection, and processing, just to name a few.
As a leader on Floodgate you will:
• Design robust, secure client-side components to be reused in Office and in other external products
• Design and build scalable web solutions for future advancements to Floodgate and diagnostics
• Drive interactions across various Office app teams, othershared teams, and with external teams to coordinate adoption, integrate cleanly with other Office server-driven experiences, and refine future product requirements
• Execute and promote the team approach to the code lifecycle (design, code, review, test, debug, etc.)
• Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day work of colleagues in this space
• 7-10years of coding experience in C++
• Ability to ramp up quickly in new code bases
• Background in designing and building end-user facing components at scale
• Ability to drive and manage software development projects