Have a passion for global-scale platforms? Azure AI Platform team is looking for high performing and motivated engineers to help us advance the fields of machine learning, reinforcement learning and Analysis and Experimentation. In alignment with the mission of democratizing AI, the team is investing in a platform to make it very easy for developers and data scientists to use reinforcement learning in their applications/environments. The Analysis and Experimentation Team's world-class experimentation platform, already used across Microsoft, is laying foundations for an external offering.
We work directly with Microsoft partners such as Office, Bing, Windows, xBox, Skype, and Azure to enable trustworthy evaluation of new ideas. With a recently increased charter, we are also now focusing on an external 3rd party experimentation offering on Azure.
We're an agile development team, full of diversity and closely partnered with world-class data scientists. Come help us advance the field of online experimentation at Microsoft-scale (see www.exp-platform.com).
· Design and build new scalable and resilient services and tools for Azure AI platform
· Work with data scientists, researchers on Reinforcement Learning and find innovative ways to lower the bar for engineers who want to use RL in their applications
· Produce high quality performant and maintainable code
· Work with the team to define iterative execution plans and identify project risk factors
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
· Exemplary design and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of engineering excellence at scale
· Expert coding skills in C++, Java, or C# (8+ years)
· 8+ years of engineering experience
· Extensive knowledge of database design and programming
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Curiosity and willingness to learn, share and improve
· Team player
· Proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale distributed systems
· Experience with client/server performance optimization
· Experience in statistical data analysis at web-scale
· Familiarity with data analysis tools and statistical packages, such as R and MATLAB
· Familiarity with Machine learning algorithms specifically reinforcement learning.