The Principal Software Engineer role is responsible for taking technology innovations to the next level. The primary responsibility of the position will be to direct and execute on the design, development and delivery of technology that enables great customer experiences. This will include leading and developing production grade code through vision, definition, planning, execution, deployment and sustainment.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop and execute production grade code: through vision, definition, planning, execution, deployment and sustainment.
- Partner closely with Product Management to build great customer experiences.
- Work with technology leadership to identify and implement new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform performance and ultimate customer experience
- Influence the organization via quality standards to enhance the technical design, development, deployment and maintenance of the product
- Drive consistency, reliability, supportability and observability across our services.
- Effectively communicate to pull people together and enable them to find solutions to challenges they encounter.
- Analyze product tradeoffs and deliver simple and intuitive products that just work.
- Establish strong relationships with diverse teams spanning all organizational levels.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to software engineers as needed.
- Model and act in accordance with MGM mission and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Eight years of experience delivering commercial cloud and backend software products and services at enterprise to internet scale or experience in a related area.
- Previous experience with software development in a production environment (java/C++/other).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field; or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store and communication layers.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience with distributed competing, enterprise-wide systems, agile-based development, Scrum, Kanban or other agile methodology and experience working in a DevOps culture and with distributed teams.