At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to make tomorrow better than yesterday and that makes it an exciting and rewarding place to work. Medtronic Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF) Software organization develops the next generation medical technologies that alleviate pain, restore health and extend life for millions of patients across the world.
Our Software is developed with state of the art, industry standard technologies and used by Clinicians and Patients worldwide. As a Principal Software Engineer in the CRHF R&D Software Organization you will be developing software applications which interface with Medtronic implantable cardiac devices and remote management of patients. We are looking for highly motivated and self-starting strong software development engineers looking forward to innovating in a fun and fast paced environment with a passion to improve peoples’ quality of life. The individual will operate in all phases and contribute to all activities of the software development process.
A Day in the Life
- Design and develop high integrity software for medical devices.
- Design and execute tests for the verification of software requirements.
- Learn and understand software standards for Medical devices.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives for the software team. This includes recognizing areas for improvement as well as working with others to develop and document process improvements.
- Work under general direction and collaboratively with internal and external partners located across various geographies.
- Contribute and apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve complex technical problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of software feature/module and drive development of the feature/module through SDLC.
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior software engineers.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Strong knowledge of software design, development, debug and test practices
- Proficiency in two or more of the following technologies: C, C++, Java, Java Script, HTML, VBScript, C#, .NET, Perl, Python, Objective C, Angular, Xamarin
- Proficiency in one or more of the following tools: Visual Studio, Automated test tool Microsoft Test Manager, Web based applications, Eclipse, Visual Source Safe, and Requisite Pro.
- Experience in one or more of the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, Android and IOS
- Strong Leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency working in a team environment
- Passion for creating high quality software
- Experience in software design for medical devices
- Demonstrated skills in writing engineering documents (specifications, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development
- Experience in Open Source development platform/tools