Principal Distributed Systems Engineer – MapR Data Platform
Looking for a fast-paced environment where you can learn push the boundaries of performance and scale? MapR DB and MapR Streams are the industry’s top-ranked, high-performance NoSQL DB and messaging product for the Cloud, Containerized and on-prem deployments. It is integrated into MapR’s Converged platform providing both scale and flexibility. We are looking for talented engineers to help expand the functionality and make it the product of choice for operational and analytic big data use-cases.
In this role, you will:
- Research technology trends and competitive products and deliver a high-performance enterprise-grade platform that scales to 1000s of nodes and petabytes of data for the cloud, containerized and bare-metal deployment.
- Make product extremely easy to use for developers and administrators.
- Design and implement key database internal features including API, query, storage, indexing and memory management
What you'll get in return:
- Work in small teams of talented and dedicated individuals in a fast-paced environment.
- Get your hands dirty on the internals of a big data platform, cloud, and Kubernetes.
- Customer exposure in a high-growth market in a late-stage pre-IPO startup
Relevant skills & experience:
- Passionate about learning, take pride in code quality and a self-starter
- Strong C/C++/Java development and debugging skills
- Delivered data-intensive products, multi-threaded scalable and distributed systems
- BS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Location: Santa Clara, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley