The candidate is expected to lead the Artificial Intelligence/Machine/Deep Learning Architecture team to define innovative solutions for philanthropy and emerging technology problems, to extend the state of the art in deep learning performance and efficiency, analyze and prototype key deep learning and data analytics algorithms and applications, understand and analyze the interplay of hardware and software architectures on future algorithms and applications, and collaborate across Vulcan to guide the direction of machine learning working across product, project, and othertechnology teams.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Strong theoretical and hands-on experience in Machine/Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Vision
- Experience with one or more open-source ML/DL Frameworks: e.g. Caffe, TensorFlow, etc
- Practical experience in using statistics in analyzing and processing data
- Proven track record of delivering solutions for challenging problems
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
Nice to have:
- Research publications
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Partner with stakeholders and clients to ensure business practices and operational support are consistent with company and organizational objectives
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Travel estimated to be 10%