$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Principal Software Engineer (JoinOCI)
Customer Cloud Connectivity SDE - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed networking solutions for the cloud? Do you love the idea of working in an autonomous environment with the excitement of a start-up, but the financial backing of a Fortune 500 company? You'll be joining near the ground floor of a fast-growing new venture that offers tremendous autonomy and a lot of variety. This role offers huge upside potential, high visibility, and fast career growth without the risk of a typical start-up. It is a unique opportunity to work with smart people who are solving complex problems in distributed systems, networking, multi-tenant Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Software Defined Networking (SDN) operating at massive scale.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in high availability, virtualized networks, and packet processing. You will lead software architecture, design, and development for FastConnect services that directly connect customer's to Oracle's Cloud. It's still early in the lifecycle so you should be good at defining long term scalable architectures, leading small teams of cross-functional engineers, and developing software that delivers customer value. We value simplicity, developing others, life-long learning, and taking in active role in the definition and evolution of our standard practices and procedures.
A great software development engineer will make all the difference for our team, our organization, our product, and our customers. Are you passionate about architecting, designing, developing, and delivering a great product? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
· 8+ years distributed systems software development
· 3+ years network programming (packet processing, firewalls, vpn, etc.)
· Proficient in Java or C++
· Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and analysis
· Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, etc.
· Experience with at least two scripting languages such as python, perl, ruby, or powershell
· Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java, and proficiency with one other programming language
· Excellent judgment in influence for product roadmap direction, features, and priorities
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic
Valid Through: 2019-10-19