Who We Are:
iStreamPlanet creates leading-edge technology to solve the core challenges of OTT media. We deliver the end-to-end video workflow from signal acquisition to the streaming app experience — all focused on the fan. We are trusted to stream the most valuable live sporting events including the Olympics, Super Bowl, NCAA March Madness Live, and more. Our media and entertainment customers including Fox, FuboTV, Hulu, and Turner rely on us for their 24x7 live media workflows. We are obsessed with our customers, technical innovation, and high-quality video. We are committed to delivering the best experience to the fan whenever and wherever.
What Part Will You Play?
We are the industry leader in delivering online television broadcasting, and we are looking for a strong Linux and WindowsDeveloper to help us enable advanced workflows in the context of over-the-top (OTT) video delivery. Aventus, our flagship cloud platform, is built from the ground-up to run on commodity hardware in virtualized environments. Unlike traditional Internet broadcasting solutions which take weeks/months to set up a single channel of video, Aventus can go live in less than 15 minutes and at a fraction of the cost.
If you are self-motivated, demonstrate and provide technical leadership, are energized by collaborative environments, embrace the challenges of building high-impact products and are passionate about delivering premier scalable services, then you’ve found the right place. You will play a significant role in the design and implementation of fault-tolerant, high-availability, low-latency storage solutions for our video distribution platform. In particular, we are building optimized mechanisms for log and video file storage along with telemetry and metadata processing.
What you will be doing?
- Create new features end-to-end across an entire product, from inception to design to implementation to delivery to the customer, all within your first 90 days.
- Deliver new features, daily, to our customers.
- Become knowledgeable in a few key OTT media technologies in our first 30 days and an expert within 120 days, working directly with our customers to ensure we deliver results.
- Lead major product architectural decisions, create highly available, low latency distributed systems.
- Mentor other engineers and perpetuate a constructive team environment, where learning, calculated risk-taking, and experimentation are not just encouraged, they are expected.
- Help us select and integrate Open Source solutions, programming languages, and storage technologies as part of new products, so you can focus on solving higher level, and more challenging problems.
- Learn, use and become an expert in programming languages like C++, Java and Go.
What do we need from you?
- BS or MS in software-related field.
- 10+ years of commercial development experience.
- Strong experience with at least one C/C++/C#/Java/PHP/Python, preferably including experience with multiple compilers and operating systems (Windows/Linux/Mac OS).
- Demonstrate and provide technical leadership. This includes designing whole products from scratch. I.e.: bootstrap new products including: vet design, vet architecture, vet and respond to customer requirements while ensuring customer goals are met.
- Demonstrated understanding of high-throughput and scalable storage technology.
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL or NoSQL (MongoDB, Cloudata or cloud solutions from AWS, Google, etc).
- Knowledge of AWS, CloudWatch Kinesis, S3 or similar solutions is desirable.
- Experience working in virtualized environments.
- Experience with Open Source solutions on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Motivated and eager to learn new technologies.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity effectively.
- Prior Media Experience is “nice to have”, but you can learn this on the job.