Principal Software Engineer -Irving, TX
Hire term: Full time / Direct hire
Schedule: Day shift, must be flexible for overtime, etc.
Benefits: 2 Weeks of PTO & holiday pay (no other benefits offered at this time)
Role and Responsibilities
Our client designs, develops and maintains software applications for Inventory management / order fulfillment systems, Assets Recovery and Management systems for in-house operations and for our fortune 500 clients. Client is headquartered in Irving, Texas. In this role as The Principal Software Engineer the successful candidates will be working in enterprise software product development who:
· Can take the ownership of the architecture, design and development of web based applications using the Microsoft technology stack.
· Can do the full-stack Software development using the Microsoft technologies (Refer the Skillset below).
· Maintain/Convert the legacy applications written in classic ASP and ASP.NET 1.1 to the latest technology using the ASP.NET / .NET Core (WebAPI and MVC).
· Can Architect, Design and Develop green field projects and brown field projects using Design patterns, Architectural patterns, etc.
· Can be an individual contributor and can lead a small size team by providing design and architecture guidance.
· Can be a critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Has strong Object Orientated Analysis and Design skills.
· Can understand and implement the Web Forms, MVC using ASP.NET, Dockers & Containers, Micro-Services.
· Has great leadership skills, can learn fast, demonstrate the aptitude for continuous learning, out-of-the box thinking and able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at any given time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 10+ Years in Software development using the Microsoft Technology Stack.
· 3+ Years in the Senior Developer / Architect roles.
· Bachelors in Engineering (Computer Science or related)
· Very strong C# and .NET 1.1 to 4.6.2 & .NET Core
· NET & ASP.NET Core
· Java Script, jQuery, CSS, HTML, JSON, XML
· Visual Studio
· Entity framework and Entity Framework Core.
· SQL Server
· Git on TFS & TFS Builds
· Design Patterns
· Test Driven Development – Unit Tests using VS Unit tests, Moq, NUnit, etc.,
· MCSD (Web Applications) Certification will be an advantage
· Experience in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or Inventory Management or Asset Recovery & Management Industry is a big plus.
Experience in developing and deploying applications on AZURE