Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha is conducting a search for Principal SoftwareDeveloper(s) to join our Knowledge Management team. This principaldeveloper will be working across a number of different projects building capabilities to support knowledge management, automation and dissemination. Successful candidates should be “A” team players, self-starters who are individual contributors within a team environment, with solidexperience focused across keytechnologies to include Jave, Spring, Python, Mongo, REST, and able to quickly pick-up newtechnologies as needed. This candidatewill be working daily with mission leadership to solve strategic issues.
• Minimum of 8 years with increasingly complex and progressive experience as a Software Engineer in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of software systems, to include the development and design of application software for prototyping, production, and architecture products. This experience includes software management, design, development, flow analysis, detailed design data flow diagrams, structure charts, and Program Description Language (PDL) for each module of the software system
• Ten years in the DoD/IC in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of software systems, to include the development and design of application software for prototyping, production, and architecture products
• Experience including software management, design, development, flow analysis, detailed design data flow diagrams, structure charts, and PDL’s for each module of the software system
• Experience with software development tools, both current and emerging technologies
• Four years of leadership experience
• Experience in solving various software related problems, generating and reviewing software designs for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness in light of objectives
• Agile or SW Prototype Development experience desired
• Solid experience required across key technologies, with the ability to learn new technologies as needed.
TS/SCI Full Scope PolyREQUIRED
• Cyber experience within DoD and/or Intelligence Community preferred but not required
• Eight (8) years’ experience as a senior or principal software engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university desired
Master’s degree in an Information Technology related field, such as computer engineering, computer science, math, or physics from an accredited college or university desired.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.