As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow.
From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Microsoft US Partner of the Year, 2020
- Microsoft Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year, 2020
- Microsoft US Partner Award for Intelligent Cloud – Application Innovation, 2019
- Microsoft US Azure Team Partner Choice Award - Data & AI, 2019
The Principal Software Engineer - Python is responsible for implementing data and analytics capabilities and platforms including the data management and integration capabilities, enterprise reference data, and analytics platforms.
This position will play a key role in the design and implementation of new and existing platform architecture frameworks, software & hardware technologies, as well as the evaluation and selection on premise and cloud technologies to drive and realize Data strategy.
Evolve technology products to meet and exceed needs:
- Understand and contribute to the "full stack" of development (designs and products)
- Produce quality code, releases and fixes
- Deliver technology products according to business needs
- Build resilient products/features which are easily maintainable
- Optimize application development and product quality
- Collaborate in a high performing team and an elite technology community
This position will be part of the Team that will…
- Build the core data management and analytics framework to drive the end-to-end digital platform.
- Partner with architecture and infrastructure, security, and administration to design, implement, and operate a data integration, standardization, and consumption platform to ensure consistent use of information across partner organizations.
- Develop and operationalize full life-cycle of data and analytic solutions into business processes to maximize the value.
- Manage, support and modernize analytic capabilities as a managed service including research environments, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and shifting of tactical solutions to industrialized frameworks.
- Collaborate with architecture, product management, and other engineering teams to enable the development of complex data and analytics solutions.
- Develop the discipline to ensure timely delivery of highly reliable data and data related solutions.
- Identify and realize opportunities to harden, modernize, and improve overall resilience of new and existing capabilities, systems, and platforms.
- Identify and realize opportunities to leverage automation and improve processes to “shift left”
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7+ years of experience with back end or full stack (preferred) software development with focus on data and analytics
- Multiple years of experience developing software solutions in Python.
- Experienced with modern software development - Agile/Scrum methodology, Cloud platforms and technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, automated testing
- Experience with Azure DevOps a big plus.
- Experience developing and deploying complex applications using Python.
- Experience developing event driven solutions.
- Experience with messaging technologies a plus (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ).
- Experienced in developing, deploying and maintaining transactional systems, operational databases and data stores, data warehousing, reporting, analytics platforms, tools, and technologies.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or other technical fields. Coding and Data Science boot camps coupled with other advanced degrees and proven experience are fully considered. Higher level degree is strongly preferred.