Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements.
Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
Our Science and Technology team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer for Imaging Reconstruction to join a new team. This position provides an opportunity to breakthrough current inverse problems and image reconstruction challenges in the field and on our next generation systems.
- Perform experiments to assess image reconstruction approaches.
- Design and implement image reconstruction algorithms to meet system performance requirements.
- Perform testing and integration programs with real-time software and deploy to the systems.
- Keep up-to- date with and assess technology advances in the field.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics/Engineering Physics, Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering,
- Computer Science in Image and Signal Processing or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years related experience in an industrial product development, R&D or academic environments.
- Strong scientific programming in C++ and Matlab for GPU.
- Experience in reconstruction approaches.
- Experience in implementation and optimization with parallel image processing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.