We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Role and Responsibilities
Under broad direction from the Discipline Manager, develops desktop and web software and supervises a local or offshore team of software developers:
• Design and Development of professional quality web and desktop application code in an Agile environment
• Write well commented code
• Development of unit tests in production code
• Perform Peer Code Reviews to that code conforms to coding guidelines
• Interact with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand requirements
• Work closely with otherDevelopers to achieve objectives
• Use external tools (e.g. SysInternals) while debugging and fixing problems
• Completion of an undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or similar discipline and 6 years of related experience.
• In lieu of undergraduatedegree requirement, 12years of software development experience may be substituted.
• 4+ years of desktop or web application development experience in .NET or Open Source technologies
• Working knowledge of calling functions in standard (non-COM) DLLs
• Knowledge of AngularJS or ReactJS, NodeJS and jQuery
• Knowledge of building and consuming REST APIs, JSON and WebAPIs
• Experience with debugging code which contains calls to external non-COM DLLs, from Visual Studio
• Experience with development of multi-threaded applications
• Aware of Agile/Scrum principles and desire to abide by them
• Good communication skills so that proper requirements clarifications can be done with the SMEs
• Knowledge of Moq/Rhino mocks unit test mocking framework
• Knowledge of FORTRAN and C++
• Experience in Oil & Gas industry
• Science/Engineering background
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Principal Software Engineer or Software Engineer Technical Advisor.
Requisition Number: 50268