goPuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customer’s immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! The kind of people we are looking for want to build optimized routing systems to efficiently deliver to our customers, create an end to end shopping experience that will delight our customers, devise warehouse management systems that enable us to always fulfill our customers’ needs, or design mobile and web applications that are joyful to use. In short, we are looking for people who are eager to help create the future of goPuff!
Your primary responsibility will be to drive the technical architecture and design of our business domains. The right candidate will have the technical aptitude to drive good technology choices through collaboration with empowered teams. Success in this role will be measured by the delivery of business critical results and impact to the engineering department. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
- Lead cross functional projects across multiple teams impacting the success of the larger organization
- Lead technical discussions, design/architect and implement solutions to scale goPuff
- Support standard development practices across multiple teams, including idiomatic syntax, design patterns, and Test driven development
- Evangelize impactful improvements in our technologies
- Can trace bugs across the entire software stack, including into the OS, libraries, virtual machine and compiler if necessary
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the correctness of the business process
- Promote and support goPuff Engineering’s culture of inclusion and diversity
- 8 Years engineering experience with a proven track record as an engineer building scalable publicly facing web sites preferably in start-up environments or early stage companies
- An in-depth and hands on knowledge of data structures, algorithms and modern web and/or cloud technologies
- Experience leading technical discussions including evaluation and design of technical solutions
- Demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Expertise in message based, async processing
- Production and scaling experience with microservices and /or distributed systems
- Experience with a variety of web services (ex: REST and HTTP cache-semantics)
- Experience with SPA technology in a production setting (ex: React, Graph-QL)
- Public cloud experience in a production setting (Azure preferred)